Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site

Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site is a 19th-century coastal artillery fort on the Colwood, British Columbia side of Esquimalt harbour, (Greater Victoria/Victoria BC Metropolitan Area). The site is adjacent to Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Site, the first lighthouse on the west coast of Canada. Both the fort and lighthouse are managed and presented to the public by Parks Canada, and are open every day (except Christmas Day).

Rodd Hill was named for John Rashleigh Rodd, 1st Lieutenant on the HMS Fisgard (Capt. John A. Dunze. Rodd was later promoted to rear admiral in 1877; vice admiral in 1884, and admiral in 1888.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Bookmark and Share
Minima 4 coloum Blogger Template by Beloon-Online.
Simplicity Edited by Ipiet's Template