The Vorontsov Lighthouse (Russian: Воронцовский маяк) is a famous red and white 27.2 meters high landmark in the Black Sea in the port of Odessa, Ukraine. It is named after Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov, one of the governor-generals of the Odessa region.
The lighthouse was built with iron tubing and lead gaskets. It has a one-million watt signal light, and its signal can be received up to twelve nautical miles away. The Morse code call signal of three dashes the first letter is "O" which stands for Odessa. When there is a severe storm or fog, the lighthouse also sounds a foghorn.
The lighthouse is connected with the port's shoreline by a long stone causeway and jetty. The jetties protect the port from the southern high seas.
The current lighthouse is the third lighthouse to stand on the same spot. The first lighthouse was built in 1862 and as made of wood.The lighthouse was blown up during World War II by the Soviets, and it was rebuilt after the war.