Edgartown Harbor Light

41°23′27.20″N 70°30′11.19″W

Edgartown Harbor Light is a lighthouse located in Edgartown, Massachusetts that marks the entrance into Edgartown Harbor and Katama Bay. The lighthouse was originally built in 1828, but it was destroyed in a hurricane in 1938. It was replaced in 1939 with a tower relocated from Ipswich, Massachusetts.
The Martha's Vineyard Historical Society has been the caretaker of the lighthouse since 1993, although the United States Coast Guard owns the structure. The society is currently in the process of restoring the lighthouse. Improvements include replacing boarded-up windows and installing a spiral staircase, with the goal of opening the lighthouse to public access.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Bookmark and Share
Minima 4 coloum Blogger Template by Beloon-Online.
Simplicity Edited by Ipiet's Template